Safeguarding at The Grove School
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Miss Nadine Huseyin
Our deputy designated safeguarding Leads are Ms Lucia Santi and Mrs Helen Georgiades
Our safeguarding team includes Ms Bronja Elton, Mr Louis Maunder and Ms Ashley Lloyd
Our designated lead teacher for Looked After Children (LAC) and Previously Looked After Children is Mrs Helen Georgiades, supported by Miss Nadine Huseyin.
The Grove School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people through ensuring that:
- appropriate action is taken in a timely manner to safeguard and promote all children’s welfare.
- staff are aware of their statutory responsibilities with respect to safeguarding – All staff will be provided with and read Keeping Children Safe in Education: for school and college staff (part 1) and will sign school records to confirm they have read the document.
- staff receive training in recognising and reporting safeguarding issues
All staff understand that this undertaking is the responsibility of each and every person at The Grove. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children.
Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are three times more likely to be abused than their peers. Additional barriers can sometimes exist when recognising abuse in children with SEND. These can include:
- assumptions that indicators of possible abuse such as behaviour, mood and injury relate to the child’s disability without further exploration;
- the potential for children with SEND being disproportionately impacted by behaviours such as bullying and harassment, without outwardly showing any signs; and
- communication barriers and difficulties overcoming these barriers.
The Grove is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students; each student’s welfare is of paramount importance.
We recognise that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse e.g. those with special educational needs; those living in adverse circumstances. We take a considered and sensitive approach in order that we can support all of our pupils.
Families may also report safeguarding concerns, issues or worries by speaking with one of our school safeguarding team.
Children Missing in Education
COVID Safeguarding Addendum
Search Education Trust (formally Heartlands) Safeguarding Policy
Search Education Trust (formally Heartlands)
Allegations Against Professionals